Alex is 7.5 years old. He has had severely delayed fine motor skills which finally improved enough a year ago to allow him to draw.
For a week Alex has been googling the Apollo missions and has concentrated on the two that caught on fire, Apollo 1 and 13. He has been telling me what happened on each mission, I didn't even remember which mission did what. My dh got out the Apollo 13 movie with Tom Hanks, and he has been watching it for two days. Today he started drawing, this is what he drew:
This is the drawing of Apollo 13's orbit between the earth (which has blue and green colors!) and the moon. He drew the trajectory for returning to earth. He drew it on fire at the bottom. He added Apollo 1 on fire on the earth (it caught fire on the pad before taking off and exploded). He then added the Hubble telescope and the Space Station for fun!
Here he drew the trajectory with the "angle of re-entry into earth's atmosphere". He drew the lunar module with the command capsule and the tanks, which caught on fire. He drew the oxygen level indicator, note it is almost down to 15 which was critical!
Here is Apollo 13 with the oxygen levels indicating levels almost to 15, critical levels, and on fire.
Most Liked Posts
- Education After Lawsuit Threat, Elementary School Cancels Planned Reading of Transgender Children’s Book
- Got this from a friend. The Perfect Day January 20 2017
- Chris Christie Secures Huge New Hampshire Union Leader Endorsement
- HomeNews ‘Christian state’ group threatens to kill Belgian Muslims, destroy their businesses
- S/O. #blackfridays matter or #Allfridays matter?