I have never been exposed to addiction until now. What is this monster and how does it happen? How does it happen that drugs suddenly mean more than her 3 beautiful children and wonderful husband? It has ravaged her mind and soul. She fights to get back to herself only to be scared she will fall again. The Dr's whom you are to trust fall under the spell of addiction, only to feed her hunger for drugs...... She has gone through 6 weeks of inpatient rehab and is attending outpatient. She says she is not ready to go home to the responsibility of being a wife and mother. I want so badly to be supportive but, I don't understand. I have never been addicted to anything in my life, so I don't understand the hold that addiction can have over one's life. It is hard for me to understand why her children aren't enough to keep her clean.....Why isn't her husband enough? I can only hope that my love and support will help her on her journey to sobriety and keep her whole. I hope with everything in me that there will be no relapse, even though the odds are not in her favor. It is not for me to take all this on to my plate, she must help herself but, I will support and love her, just as I have in the past......
Posts with Most Replies
- Dad Demands School Returns His Daughter’s Phone But Principal Refuses
- Does your hubby allow you to have a male OB/GYNO as your doctor?
- Is 100k considered wealthy where you live
- UPDATED She doesn't want me at my brother's wedding because I am pregnant and I breed cats
- What's your excuse for not telling your child who their real dad is?