Is it me or do a lot of people think big families are weird? We live in the time of 2.5 children but I have to think with all the shows about big families that women are drawn to them for one reason or another.
Is it that we think big families aren't normal anymore or do we admire women who can or will have more than two children? It seems in our society three is big, four is brave, five or more is almost considered insane.
Their was a time not to long ago that families were typically four or more. My Grandparents had 8 children. My Grandfather grew up in a family of 12, my Grandmother grew up in a family of 8. Now we make shows about big families like this. But are these families really an anomaly or have we just bought into the idea that they are?
Is their anything really better about only having two children? Is having a large family really that hard to do?
I realize everyone is different but we seem to fear that. We seem to think we all need to conform to some standard society has set for us. We do this all the time with everything from working or being a SAHM, to whether we should be married or not, to this question of how many children is appropriate?
I just find it all fascinating!
Most Liked Posts
- What I want to say to obese people in those electronic wheelchairs at the grocery store
- Since so many of you are Pro-Kill.. How about we do this?
- Anyone in the mood for a little before and mostly after? (pic heavy)
- Thank you for sleepng with my ex-fiance!*Update 1**update 2**Update 3*
- third update!! second update!!!! update sorry but if you can't afford to fly them back home they're not going