I'll try again, it didn't show in my Journal.
It Doesn't Hurt To Be Reminded of Things Because of
recent Crimes In Daylight Hours, Refresh yourself of these things to do, in an Emergency situation...
This is for you and you to share, 9 crucial tips. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy World.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do :
The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, DO!
2. Learned this from a Tourist Guide on Mew Orleans.
If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, Do Not Hand It To Him. Toss it away from you...Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION
3. if you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives,
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. (DON'T DO THIS!)
A predator may be watching, and this is in the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, DO NOT DRIVE OFF.
REPEAT: DO NOT DRIVE OFF!
Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car.
Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run.
It is better than having them finding your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting in your car, in a parking lot, or a parking garage:
A.) Be Awear :Look around you, look into the back of your car, at the passenger side floor, and the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and then the passenger side... If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or your work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY! (And better paranoid than dead...)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead the stairs, (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone, and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT,)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under HIS control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in a 100 times, and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig - zag pattern!
8. As a women, we are trying to be sympathetic: STOP! IT MAY GET YOU RAPED, OR KILLED.
Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of the unsuspecting women. He walked wirh a cane, or a limp, and often asked for help, into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safty Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her Whatever you do, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. The lady then said that it sounds like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The police man said, We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT oprn the door. He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes, thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but they had several calls by women saying they hear a baby's cries outside their doors when thy are home alone, at night.
Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby---
This should be taken seriously, because the Crying Baby Theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted, when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
I pray you never have the experience, to have to use any of these points.