There are a great many children here at the Children's Institute, all of them with divergent needs and amazing personalities. I would like to share a charming story from our stay.
Here, there is a common room called Austin's Playroom where the kids can hang out and engage in all sorts of activities. This particular day, my girls and I were drawing. Dyl's picture sported a jaunty tree with wildlife about. She gave the colorful page to Sarah and I. We noticed that she forgot to add a beak to a cute little red bird nestled in the roots of a large tree. "How will the birdie eat?" Sarah wondered. Her friend, 5 year old N. overheard and looked at the picture, then brightened and said, "He can eat like me!" He then lifted his shirt to show us his feeding tube! What a clever boy!!!
Most Liked Posts
- Ever Notice How Gay Parents....
- If your child is severely allergic to something be a responsible parent and do not bring them to a fast food restaurant
- I am aborting my Downs syndrome child at 17 weeks. **UPDATE**
- CHECK YOUR BOOBIES!!!!! A tribute.
- My DH's father got gay married....and guess what happened