I am a big dog lover through and through. I currently own a Fila (Brazilian Mastiff) that weighs in at 130 lbs., and a chocolate Lab thats going around 83 lbs. at the moment.
My big dogs are sloppy and hairy and even smelly sometimes, but they are joyful at all times. No matter how bad a mood I can be in, my Bear (the lab), can have me laughing in seconds. Really! Have you ever looked at a lab and not wondered to yourself "how could I ever be grumpy with that face around?" He's five years old, but the vet says he has the energy and spirit of a pup, and his love for his people knows no bounds.
Moose (the Fila) thinks he is people, and trys to be in charge of the kids whenever possible. He is their protector, their champion, and as long as he is here they have the ultimate best friend. He may not play like the lab, but his bond with his family is indefinable and unbreakable. You should see him if we've been on a short trip - he circles our legs and rubs all over us like a cat; and forget about sleeping alone that first night we get back. He is on the bed before us and he's not budging!!
Both dogs will "walk" me whenever I let them, but it is always fun and never boring when we are out. I may have to deal with a lot of drool, but I get tons of love in return. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Active Posts in All Groups
- Does anyone still buy red meat?
- What are some funny nicknames/code names you and your partner have for talking about sex when the kids are around?
- How do I get my 7 yr to BEHAVE at school? !!!!!!
- "Happy Memorial Day!" WIN Summer Gift Packages, Coffee & Donuts, the Gift of YOUR Choice & a $100 gift card!!!!
- I regret marrying my trans husband