Here are some green tips that I have seen online:
- For holidays, make homemade treats.
- Travel by bus, plane, train.
- Keep your tires inflated.
- Visit a local Farmer's Market or grow your own vegetables/fruits.
- Homemade Wood Polish - 1/4 cup distilled vinegar or lemon juice, few drops olive oil.
- Buy organic veggies/fruits.
- Buy items in bulk.
- Cook meals instead of eating out.
- Buy plants that reduce indoor pollution.
- Use honey instead of sugar.
- Hang curtains to limit heat gain during the summer and loss in the winter.
- Pay bills online.
- Use compact fluorescent lightbulbs.
- Save leftovers.
- Ride your bike or turn off your car while waiting.
- Wash rugs regularly.
- Take lunch to work, school, etc.
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups:
I told my sister if she didnt stop tipping I would stop going out with her!
Omfg. ....I forgot!! Would you go to this birthday party? !
My SO is an overly dramatic liar
Our "hang out" room
America's Prison System Is Just Like America's Parents