I realize that at 41 weeks+ pregnant, I am quite a sight to behold. I'm quite possibly the most pregnant woman you've ever seen. I've gotten used to the stares, but it's the comments I can't quite swallow. It's amazing to me what people think is ok to say. I literally can not go outside without at least one person stopping me to comment.
Here's a selection from just the past week...
- "Woah. Do you need me to call an ambulance for you?" -- Security guard upon entering Ikea
- "Wow. You like you're about to drop a load!" -- A different security guard upon exiting Ikea
- "Are you going to have your baby on this bus? 'Cause if you are, I'll wait for the next one. I'm in a hurry." -- Woman waiting at the bus stop with me
- "How many are in there? ... [Evil eye from me] More than one - right?" -- A mother at our block party
- "Hey mama. You should go home and get some rest." -- The homeless man outside the grocery store. To his credit, he's been telling me this every day for 3 months and it gets less annoying as others' comments get more annoying.
- "Wow. You must be due any day. Are you scared?" -- Woman in the grocery store
Active Posts in All Groups
- random, funny, pretty, offensive, anything goes!!!!
- I did something awful while sleep walking last night.
- During grocery shopping, do you eat or allow your kids to eat items from the supermarket before getting to the counter?
- Learn how to operate a 3 way stop..geez
- The importance of bedtime stories.