Rancho Cordova, CA (PRWEB) November 10, 2009 -- When money is tight, most women put beauty treatments on the back burner. But a little pampering can go a long way to soothe stress, elevate moods and improve skin.
Skincare-News.com's latest article, "10 Penny-Pinching Ways to Pamper Yourself," offers budget-friendly tips for luxury beauty treatments at home.
1. Do an at-home pedicure. Heading to the salon occasionally for a pedicure won’t deplete a woman’s bank account. But going regularly can add up, especially if she lives in a place where competition is scarce and big prices reign. At $50 a pedi, staying home can save a bundle.
2. Treat tired tootsies. A woman’s feet are one of the hardest working areas of her body. Fortunately, she can repair and rejuvenate fatigued feet in a flash. For a daily—or at least weekly—treat, she can try an easy three-step process: soak, scrub and hydrate. The only necessities are a tub of warm water, some salts, an exfoliating scrub and a rich cream.
3. Hydrate hands. A woman’s hands also take a beating every day. For a quick pick-me-up, she can apply a thick cream to hands and give each finger and both palms a mini-massage. If hands are particularly parched, apply Vaseline and then seal the moisture with plastic wrap and a pair of gloves.
4. Do nails at home. If a woman prefers polished nails, but her budget doesn’t, she can create a professional-looking manicure at home. Here’s a fast fix: spruce up nail shape with an emery board, apply cuticle oil, push back cuticles, rinse hands and finish off with clear polish.
5. Enjoy a facial, without frittering away funds. Facials can help rejuvenate skin and address a variety of complexion concerns. Spas typically offer a wide array of facials, starting at many price points. To find the best deal, browse newspapers and Web sites. Look at sites for local salons or general Web sites like SpaFinder. Also, give beauty school a try, where students are well-trained, supervised and treatments are cheap.
6. No funds to spare? Start a piggy bank. To save up for that coveted spa treat, try putting a dollar a day into a jar. Whether the goal is a facial, manicure, pedicure or mini-massage, a woman can treat herself after just a month of saving.
7. Create an at-home retreat on the cheap. It’s easy and cost-effective to create a peaceful sanctuary at home. Grab some scented candles and bubble bath (lavender gives off a relaxing aroma) or a pack of Dead Sea Salts. For some, bubble bath products may be irritating, particularly if a woman has eczema or sensitive skin. Instead, pour whole milk into the bath to gently exfoliate the skin and provide hydration.
8. Take to the cupboard. The kitchen is filled with fantastic ways for a woman to pamper herself from head to toe. Many beauty magazines, websites and blogs offer easy recipes for natural beauty treatments using ingredients like fresh fruit and essential oils.
9. Invite girlfriends for a spa day. There’s nothing more fun and relaxing than kicking back with friends and recreating a spa atmosphere together. Consider asking friends to bring their favorite candles, calming CDs, homemade spa recipes or a skincare product from their own collection they wouldn’t mind sharing.
10. Skip the salon for hair color. Unless a woman would like to go from brunette to platinum blond — in which case seeing a stylist is best — dyeing her own hair is relatively simple and can save hundreds of dollars in just six months! Be sure to enlist a friend to help get to those hard-to-reach spots.
Skincare-News.com covers all skincare and beauty topics from head to toe. Check out these latest articles:
Spa Day: It’s a Guy Thing (Really!)
According to a report by the Associated Skin Care Professionals, nearly one-third of U.S. spa visitors are male. From pool tables to cold brew, spas and salons now reflect a man’s world, offering head-to-toe treatments to make men look and feel better. Now men can experience the same spa rewards that women have been enjoying for years. From stress relief and skin care to body overhaul and relationships, there are a multitude of benefits to a man making the time for a massage, wax or facial. Discover more benefits and tips in this guy’s guide to pampering.
A Guide to Facials
For most people, facials are an occasional splurge. However, men and women might find that a regular facial helps rejuvenate the complexion. Facials pamper a person’s skin and provide an opportunity for a one-on-one with a skincare specialist, who can help assess an individual’s skin condition and particular skincare needs. Benefits of a facial include eliminating dead skin and deep-cleaning pores, balancing skin tone, hydrating dry skin and tightening the face for a brighter, more refreshed appearance. Before venturing out to the spa, find out tips for choosing a facialist, types of facials and what to expect before and after a treatment.
Comparing Professional and At-Home Treatments
To cut costs, many women opt for at-home skincare treatments over professional ones. Chemical peels, microdermabrasion and facials are commonplace at salons, medical spas or dermatologist offices. But many of these treatments are now bottled up for at-home use. Glycolic acid peels, which exfoliate, improve hyperpigmentation and minimize lines, are available in lower concentration over-the-counter and can be used once or twice a month. Microdermabrasion exfoliates and improves acne, but at-home kits are unable to get deep into the skin like professional treatments. Learn the difference between professional and at-home treatments with this comparative guide.
Get more money savings tips from Exchange for Green
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups:
Who should pay? My daughter and husband disagree
i was so proud of my ds,until i met his gf
Woman breaks windshield to rescue baby from hot car despite warnings
Call me old fashion ...but am I the only one that never took a nudie selfie?
The Killing, on Netflix this Friday. Who is with me?