had a wake up call today for some reason and im so happy i did i read up on why white bread is so bad for you and why you should eat wheat bread AND I MEAN WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT NOT JUST SOMETHING THAT SAYS WHEAT
wow what a eye opener
heres some important reasons why
So, why IS wheat bread better than white bread? Here are a few reasons:
1. Whole wheat bread is healthier because of the fiber that it contains. Fiber is necessary for a healthy digestive system. It also absorbs some of the cholesterol and fat so that your body doesn't retain them.
2. You feel "full" faster with wheat bread. You will be more satisfied with an open-faced sandwich made with whole wheat than a two-slice sandwich of white. This can really help you with weight loss goals.
3. Studies have shown that there's an increased risk of children developing diabetes if they eat refined flour for a prolonged period of time. Whole grains are absorbed into the body more slowly. This keeps blood sugar from fluctuating and prevents body insulin from becoming too high or too low.
4. Whole grains contain more antidioxidants than other grain products. We've all heard of the benefits of antidioxidants for the prevention of cancer.
5. Whole grain breads contain more protein so you feel more energized and you have more stamina for longer periods of time.
The difference between the two types of bread is how it is processed. Flour is processed from wheat berries. The wheat berry is comprised of bran, wheat germ and endosperm. While whole wheat bread uses all of these components, white bread only uses the endosperm...and that is bleached. The bleaching process leaches even more nutrition from the bread.
In other words, white bread is stripped of most of its nutrients by removing the wheat germ. The wheat germ contains the majority of the fiber and nutrients.
Be sure to read the label before purchasing a loaf of bread. And, you have to read it carefully to be sure of what you're buying. Just because it says "wheat flour" or "enriched wheat flour" doesn't mean that it is whole wheat. Many of these are just white bread with a little bit of whole wheat added. The nutrition label should say "whole wheat" as one of the first listed ingredients.
It can be difficult to get used to eating healthier. And, part of eating healthier is eating wheat bread instead of white. If you have children, start them out eating more healthy foods. Taste in foods is an acquired sense. If we are introduced to a type of food when we are young, we are more likely to like it when we are grown.
Adults must make a concentrated effort to acquire a taste for more healthy foods. Don't try to change all of your eating habits overnight. Take one step at a time. You may have to adjust and compromise. If you find that you just can't get used to eating whole wheat bread, try bread made from oat bran instead. Making just a few healthy changes to your diet can greatly increase your health
Add A Comment