So as I have posted before, I have been involved with social services for some time now (through some fault of my own and some of others doings).  I have found out in recent weeks that it was my own mother who was turning me in and has custody of my boys right now.  She is trying to take my children from me and is trying to limit my visitation with them even though the boys' Gaurdian ad Litem feels i need to see them as much as possible.

If anyone else has gone through this, I would really appreciate some advice of what to do/ how to go about doing it.



So I had my meeting with them today and was informed that the boys coming home isn't an option period.  Still working o things, but will be signing a transfer of rights at the end of the month, so i can hopefully get them back later on. Thanks for all of the advice and prayers!


Add A Comment


Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I have been there.  How old are your kids?  Mine was a teen.  Do whatever social services says right now.  Get a job and keep it.  Don't give them anything to talk about.  In a year, they will be back.


I am praying

Message Friend Invite

Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM

they are 6 and 1. I have been doing everything they ask, plus i've had my job for the past 6 years.  it doesn't help when she tells my workers things like i'm looking for the next "sperm donor"

Message Friend Invite (Original Poster)

Mar. 3, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Be honest and hard working and explain your mother has always been intrusive in your life. Get a list of things, ''a list in writing'' that you need to be doing in order to have and KEEP custody of your kids and simply do those things. I don't mean to make it sounds so simple because I know those people can make it way more complicated but if you absolutely follow the rules, and it doesn't go your way. You should be able to file a complaint. What your mom says is NOT gospel...make sure you involve other people in your life that will vouch FOR you and keep her away as much as possible. Only neccesary visitation which I believe is 1 wknd. a month. Check with social services. Tell them you would like to limit your relationship with your mother for a while because she is so critical. Only if you have your boys. If not do it as soon as you do. You'll be much happier when she's out of the picture. Good riddance!

Message Friend Invite

Mar. 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM

If SS tells you to do something do it. If they request you do things medically, use your own doctors. Never use theirs.

PM if you need more in depth help.

Message Friend Invite

Mar. 4, 2010 at 1:24 AM

thanks for the advice.I have a meeting with the attorneys and the GAL tomorrow afternoon

Message Friend Invite (Original Poster)

Mar. 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM

I did deal with that, but did not lose my kids. My MIL wanted my children and called on us. Made up all kinds of crap, and we almost lost them. Go to and go by your state. There is tons of info to help you out, it really helped me. ((HUGS)) and good luck!

Message Friend Invite

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in