OK so I've had some mamas ask me how I made the lollipops for my son's Diego party. So I'm going to try to make a tutorial the best I can.
The pictures are bad but the colors were truly amazing. They were bright and cheery.
What You'll Need:
Images being used
Craft Glue Stick
Single hole punch
1. First you'll have to pick the image that you want on the lollipop. Personally I had a hard time trying to find an image of Diego that I liked so I used an image of a Diego party plate. This one to be exact.....
2. Then you'll have to edit the image to fit the lollipop. The lollipops I bought were about 3 1/4" in diameter so I edited the image to about 2 7/8" in diameter. I wanted the lollipop showing around the edge of the image, so I made the image smaller than the lollipop.
3. I used microsoft word and regular printing paper to print out the image. I was able to fit 6 images on one sheet of paper. Then print and cut out.
4. I used a permanent craft embellishment glue stick ($1.50 at Wal-Mart) to attach the image to the lollipop.
5. Then I used another image for the tag. This one..
I believe this was the front of a printable invitation. With a little editing I made this...
I then printed, cut out and punched holes in the corner. I believe the demensions were 2 1/2" lenghtwise and 2" widthwise.
6. Then I threaded curling ribbon through the hole that I punched out and tied around the lollipop stick. Then curl the ribbon and you're done.
For the stand I used a block of styrofoam wrapped with tissue paper.
Naturally, these can be done with any character or theme, we just happened to be needing Diego party favors.
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups:
Clean the freaking house!!!
Breaking up a family sucks.
Does your DH/SO know you're on CafeMom??
Well since we are already getting the back to school complaining....
The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Check Out What I Got In The Mail Yesterday!!! Wooohooo