Wow. I decided to write about my experience running for public office in Ontario Canada. In 2006, I was the federal candidate for the Green party. I think if you google my name, there are still news stories about this. I was a full-time university student, working two part-time job and raising a child by myself so campagning was difficult. Had we had more money from donations, and more time, we would have done better.
I discovered so much about myself including that I could hold my own in a political debate with seasoned professional politicians. I learned that I didn't have to feel insecure about stanging up for what I believe in and speaking my mind. I learned how to do that effectively.
I also learned that being cut out of televised debates is one way the media controls who gets elected...
AND...most importantly, I learned just how important it is to have my say at the polls--no matter who I vote for.
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Fall Festival Giveaway: "Pumpkins & Corn Mazes!" WIN $100 gift cards & other PRIZES, too!
- I did a good deed and DH is upset with me
- Strangers going through the deceased things in front of grieving family?
- Spankers, would you spank your normal 5 yr old for being continually disruptive in class?
- Where's Your Area In Your Home?