• In the Spotlight:

I started having really bad middle back pain. Right where my kidneys are. The dr has had me on an antibotic for 6 weeks treating it. It has never gotten better. She had me on macrobid twice and then amoxycillian. So I called her office around 8:30-9 am. I waited an hour no call...so I called her office again. The lady who answered told me to go ahead and go to L&D. So I got a shower and showed up right before 11.  They were doing their regular monitor and urine sample. I am 37 weeks and 1 day. The nurse came and and said they were going to discharge me soon. Right when she said that the babies heartbeat dropped to 60. She came running in with a shot because I had started contractions. The shot was "turb" the stuff that makes your heart beat a jillion miles a minute. She said "If the shot doesn't work, we'll give you one more in 20 minutes otherwise looks like you'll be having your c-section today." So I forgot to mention my husband is not here he's in Oklahoma in the army. He can be here for the c-section but anything unplanned or what not and he won't be able to make it until it happens. So my heartbeat did rise but it kind of rose A LOT. The baby and me were almost syncing. I found out I had a yeast infection as well. My cervix was not dialating but everytime I had a contraction the babies heartbeat would go down. We finally got my contractions underweigh. I asked the nurse if she had talked to my dr. She said she tried but she told her she wasn't oncall and to call the oncall dr. (During office hours no less). So this dr oncall wanted me to wait until he got out of the office so he could check me out before they discharged me. He came in and went over a lot of things with me. He was very nice and cared a lot about what was going on. ...unlike my normal ob. He told me my cervix was not dialating but I was having contractions which is somewhat expected but he was going to send me home with some turb, antibiotics, something to counteract the yeast infection because the antibiotics can cause it, and a one time pill for the yeast infection. He said the baby seems to be holding out well, he thinks that the baby is around the same size my daughter was at this time. My daughter was 7 lbs at 37 weeks and i was having the SAME complications with her. I have a tilted pelvis and the baby cannot drop down into it. therefore labor is pretty much pointless for us. He told me everyday I could go is better for the baby but not if it's in distress and I keep having the contractions. I agree. I know there are women out there who want to find any excuse to have their baby, but I've never been one of them. He told me was oncall all week long and if the dr took me off the meds and/or I decided not to take them (some drs believe it doesnt work anyway and the side effects suck) to come back into l&D and he'd do my c-section. My dr does not do anything with patients in or out of L&D apparently if shes not oncall. It does not matter if its her patient or if its still office hours. I am really not impressed with this Dr at all. I do not trust her. The oncall dr the nurses said was one of the best drs there. And she couldn't same the same for mine.

My question is, My dr didn't know the half of what happend at L&D until I told her, then she acted like it was no big deal and I could wait. My baby was showing signs of distress with the contractions, yes it got better but we got my contractions under control. Do you think I should go into L&D this week when I start having them again? I've had about 6 today but all seems well and they were spread out throughout the day. I also had taken a dose of the medication this morning so its still in my system. Do you think I should risk having a "small" 7lbs or so full term baby or go through and ignore it and have an emergency c-section or still birth because I can't monitor the baby in the comfort of my own home or know if his heart rate is dropping, as im sitting here having contractions...

I really am considering going in this week. I know I'll have the contractions. I know my husband won't be here but I'm concerned for our baby and he is too.


!!!!!Update!!!!!

I went with my gut and went to the ER the night I wrote that post. I was contracting more than 5 times an hour, lots of back pain etc. The dr oncall (one I like) decided to do the c-section. A few hours later my sister and I were in the operating room Rylan Scott was born at 1052 pm. He was 6lbs 2 oz. He came out screaming his head off. Perfectly healthy. He had a HUGE bruise on the top of his head from it being slammed up against my pelvis everytime I HAD A CONTRACTION! hmmmmm. Anyway now he's in the nursery, I'm recovering and doing well. He has a little jaundice and is going under the lights tomorrow. Chris came back, although he  is only staying 10 days, atleast he's here now! I am walking with little pain. Eating solid food, holding the baby, nursing the babyjust really trying to get out of here so skye,rylan,chris and I can be together as a family for as long as we can.

I've definitely learned to trust my gut when it comes to things!!! Here's a pic of  myself, Rylan and his big sister Skylar!!! (First time she met him!)



Add A Comment

Comments:

kkbird
Nov. 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

try calling the L & D  floor and see what they say.  don't settle for an answer, this is your baby's life that you are protecting.  A mother knows when something is wrong.  (update pls - message me) 

Message Friend Invite

Littl...
Nov. 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

well they sent me home with a paper that said if I had 5 contractions in one hour to come back. If I do go back this week, The dr I saw said he'd do the c-section. I have a feeling it's going to happen because I have no way to stop the contractions. My c-section isn't for 2 weeks.

Message Friend Invite (Original Poster)

kkbird
Nov. 2, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Well...... Congrats Momma... LOL  ready or not .   Don't stress it though, just think of that wonderful bundle of warmth, love and joy that will soon be in your arms.   gotta name picked out??

 

Message Friend Invite

Littl...
Nov. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM

lol thanks. Yeah I like Rylan.

Message Friend Invite (Original Poster)

Lb128f
Nov. 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Please DO GO and have your BABY!! You are 37 weeks...the Baby is about 7 lbs. (or so)...you will both be fine! I wouldn't take the chance that something is going on that you don't have any knowledge (or control) of (monitoring the baby)...there's no way you can do that at home. So, yeah...GO! Call your DH..maybe they can arrange for him to come home early (I hope so)! GOOD LUCK and...

congratulations!!!! Let us know how you are doing!! :-)

Message Friend Invite

Lb128f
Nov. 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM

congratulationsJUST SAW THIS!!  I'm so glad all is well. HE IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Friend Invite

Lb128f
Nov. 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM

its a boy

Message Friend Invite

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in