I have as of late turned into an inspirational poster, courtesy of my son. For a while he was an "I can" kid. "No mommy, I can turn the water on" or "Wait, wait, let me do it!". When suddenly out of nowhere came the I can't chant from his little mouth. Suddenly socks types that fit yesterday he can't get on today. Punctuated by yelling and screaming and crying (on my part too. Not the crying bit though). I find myself chanting and flailing arms while yelling "CAN WE DO IT!?" like we were at a presidential rally to get a meek little "I guess so" with a little smirk through the drying tears. Then comes the pants... and shoes... and at this point the crying punctuated with pained screams of "I CAN'T" has resumed despite my best attempts to look like that kitten hanging from a branch that tells you to "hang in there", you almost have it. You can do anything you put your mind too kid. Look, you put your socks on for pete's sakes!!!
So he stays in his socks and underwear for the rest of the day. Even coaxing with candy, fruit, or cheeseburgers won't get the rest on.
Seriously though kid, your 3 and can make cheesy macaroni, but it is impossible for you to put your pants on?
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Should BM be told about SM's pregnancy?
- This man invented a really questionable way for women to deal with their periods
- Milo defends adult males having inappropriate relationships with 13 year old children
- Black History Month: 2/21/2017 Alfreda Jones Pinkston
- Would you leave your 9 year old home alone?