18dpo and a BETA of 16. Does not sound too promising does it? I was preparing for the bad news. I was expecting a lower number, signifying an impending miscarriage. I waited for a long time to make the phone call to the clinic for my results. In the mean time, I needed to renew my drivers license so I went down to the DMV. Lucky me there were just over 100 people (numbers) in front of me. I had plenty of time to think so I decided to make a call to the clinic. After a brief time on hold the medical assistant announced a number of 30! Of course, being my first time with BETA numbers all I knew was that they are supposed to double in 48-72 hours and sure enough, they had done that. But they are still very very low in comparison.
I immediately called up my IP's and explained what I know about the numbers. We are still clinging to that sliver of hope and praying that this is indeed a viable pregnancy.
http://betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single Here is a great site for information about BETA numbers. We are still within range and it's always possible my dates are a tiny bit off.
So, I guess we will just wait and see. My IP's have left it in my hands as to whether or not to get any more blood tests. As of today, I'm not sure what I want to do. Lots of prayers and positive thinking for now I think.
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Nooo my 2 year old lost his iPad!!
- Sean Hannity Believes Parents Should Be Able To Teach Their Kids That 'Being Gay Is Not Normal'
- Softening of the military
- Fall Festival Giveaway! WIN a $500 gift card & other PRIZES, too!
- True or False, any able bodied human with at least a H.S diploma, should be able to land a job if they want one