Confession of a Stressed Out Homemaker
Today someone was stopping by the house, so I cleaned....what can be seen from the front door.
I only do laundry when the kids run out of underwear. (I like to think of it as eco-friendly....we use less electricity AND water.)
I have only ONE clean dish in my whole house. A plate. Which is in the dishwasher.
I wore shorts today.
I didn't realize until we were at playgroup that I haven't shaved in about 4 days.
I have made hundreds of sacrifices so I can be a homemaker.
I am passionate about raising and teaching my kids and I would never want to send them to someone else for it.
I am passionate about my hatred of housework. So passionate, I would never shave again and wear shorts everyday if it meant someone else would do all the housework.
The only kind of housework I enjoy is the kind that involves disinfecting. There's an odd kind of high that comes from killing germs. And I'm not just talking about the fumes.
I never judge other people by how messy/clean their house is, but I feel worthless when my house is a mess. Which, most days, it is.
What are your confessions?
Posts with Most Replies
- I hate my friend for having the life I want
- Do you really think you're going to get a good paying job after being a SAHM for 10+ years?
- Why would we change the time of the meetings for working moms?
- I lied about my daughter's age at the aquarium to avoid paying ...
- I married for the money, and now I'm miserable :(