Okay so yesterday I had one of those "do I even know you?" moments with my husband. We were talking about how Nicholas Cage was arrested for domestic abuse and the article I had read about it. The article said that he (NC) and his wife were arguing about a property and whether they were at the right place and the cabbie called the police because Nicholas grabbed his wife's arm. When the police arrived they told the Cage's to go homesince they were both drunk and loud. Nicolas dared the cops to arrest him so they did. I was saying that it was a stupid thing to do because now he has a DV on his record and people will look at it the same as if he had hit his wife. My DH says that he thinks the cabbie should have minded his own business and that if Nicholas had wanted to beat "the hell" out of his wife in the middle of the street it was nobody's business but his. I was shocked. We have been married for over fourteen years and this was really disturbing to me. It made me think back to earlier in our marriage when he got angry with me and elbowed me hard because I made him angry and then threw his drink at me. I responded with a bat and threw him out for awhile. Nothing like that has happened in over twelve years but it made me wonder if he would beat me if he thought he could get away with it. I just don't look at him the same. I could go on, I mean it hasn't been all roses by any means but really you think you know someone huh?
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Are you a mom of twin toddlers? We want to see them!
- Should they have the right to decline to read a book because of their religious beliefs?
- Prominent Muslim Preacher Denies He Used Ashley Madison, Despite Name, Address and Bank Info Showing Up in Hack
- Do You Think There Is An Increase In Hatred....
- This Kentucky Clerk Vows To Die For The Right To Oppose Gay Marriage