There are a lot of rumors floating
around about Medical Transcription being a dying field. They claim that voice
recognition, outsourcing and the governments push for Electronic Medical
Records are making the Medical Transcription field obsolete. Unfortunately,
these rumors have been around for 10-15 years. I graduated from Career Step
back in September of 2006 and was working less than a week later. Even now, There is STILL a DEMAND for Medical
Here are a few quotes from the MT
Jobs board, taken from recent employer ads:
- Medical Transcription is not only ALIVE - but SKYROCKETING at InScribe! Come join the elite of
the elite where we do nothing but GROW
AND GROW AND GROW!
- Looking for steady work?.. We currently have 7 positions available, most shifts.
- Tired of jobs going overseas? Want to join the leading 100%
USA based transcription company with great pay incentives? Look no
further, SoftScript has over 100
positions to fill!
- You are invited to join our WINNING TEAM at Superior
Global Solutions!! We have a
tremendous amount of work and are looking for dedicated individuals
who are committed to being the best.
- We are looking for solid, experienced, professional MTs
who are serious about their work…We have a fantastic digital system, great
dictators, and plenty of work.
- Openings for graduates within the last year from the following schools: Career
Step (Honors/High Honors), MTEC, INC., Winter Park Tech…)
- M*Modal is always accepting applications for
Acute Care Medical Transcriptionists! Positions offer excellent earning
potential and shift differential.
There are many more, but don’t just
take my word for it. Call Career Step and ask what their current graduate
success rate is and browse through the online job boards at MTjobs.com.
Career Step has OVER 700 companies who hire their Graduates - “Despite rumors that medical
transcription is dying, our employer partners are begging us for more graduates
to fill their entry-level positions.”
I could go on, but I think you get
the idea. If you have any questions about this or anything else related to
Medical Transcription, just let me know!
Add A Comment