I'm new here and still trying to figure out how everything works. The main reason I joined is because I am having trouble with my nine year old son and I was hoping to get advice from other moms. I am married, but my husband is the type to go to work and come home expect dinner and spend the rest of the night on the couch. My son really needs his dad but my husband seems to think the fact that he is in the house is enough. My son is acting out in the worst way. I was in and out of his third grade class because of it. He is a straight A student but can't seem to control himself. He has been kicked out of summer camp repeatedly and it's only July!!! He is not violent, but he still throws tantrums ( the fall down on the ground screaming kind!) I am mortified by his behavior and I can't believe he isn't embarrassed for the other kids to see him act this way. I don't give into this behavior so I am baffled as to why he continues to do it. If I want to send him to his room I literally have to drag him (while his dad will actually lean around us if we block the TV) I am so frustrated and upset because his behavior turns people off and I don't know what to do. I think he is trying to get attention from his father, because he will not do this with my mother or brother in law. Any advice?????
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Would you abide by the rules of this town if you had to visit for whatever reason?
- You'd Never Forget Your Child in a Car, Right?
- Hillary Clinton charged $200K to speak at Boys and Girls Club, didn’t donate back or meet with kids
- 'I Ain't Serving That': Va. Officer Denied Service at Noodles & Company
- Are your children counting down the days?