So here in CA's central valley school is starting, and the kids are getting their instruments for the band programs.
Don't have your child call a store about renting an instrument. Things like "Credit Application" and "Credit card, NOT a debit or check card" have trouble getting to mom and dad. And it's no fun for anyone to have a family show up only to be turned away.
Please, don't buy an instrument, online, at wal-mart, costco, target, or the flea market for under $200 brand-new. There are reasons a quality instrument costs 4 to 5 times as much. Some of the teachers in our area will send the kid home with a note that they will not be allowed to participate with this instrument. And when they are allowed to use them, the instruments rarely last through a year of full use without needing major adjustment - which often isn't possible to do on such a poor-quality instrument. The lesser instruments are also often more difficult to play - making it much less enjoyable for the child - and less likely that they will want to stick with it.
I really could keep going but I'll stop now.
Posts with Most Replies
- Besides childbirth, what's the most painful thing that you've been through?
- What would you think if you read this on a wedding invitation?
- no BM. i am not getting rid of my dogs.quick uodate updated again!!
- Do you abstain from sex during your period? *some may be grossed out*
- MC isn't your personal journal