So we all have ways to shorten how we refer to the members of our family in posts, blogs, emails etc...and what drives me effing crazy is the D before every member...I asked once, what the "D" stands for and the overwhelming response was "darling." So we have DHs, DDs, DSs and more.
What drives me crazy about this trend are the posts that are written by women complaining about the men in their lives. I think it's fantastic that we have this amazing forum for venting our hopes, dreams, even the tough times we experience with the people that we love. But here's the thing...if you're going to bash your husband, boyfriend, child(rens) father, then please don't refer to him as "darling" or "dear." If you're going to use the "D" in front of husband or boyfriend, then please use a disclaimer that indicates the "D" is for "dumbass" or "dickhead" or whatever insulting "D" word you'd like. Just not "darling."
I don't know why this drives me crazy, but hey, since we have this great avenue for expressing ourselves, I thought I'd use it!
Posts with Most Replies
- Who is brave /UNbrave enough (shout out to anon7!) to admit that they don't give a shyte about all this organic food, car seat nazi business,
- ungrateful stepsister cuts off mom after being taken in
- She wants us to pay for her lawyer?
- Say you are homeless, and someone hands you a grocery bag full of stuff....
- "Surprise Auntie K, you're family is growing by two"