The robotics tournament went well. We had a few minor problems come up and a few things didn't go as planned. We did manage to stay on schedule which is hugely important. The Emcee/DJ seemed to understand what was going on about 1/2 way through.
Grant Imahara signed autographs for five hours straight. He was a nice guy about it. We had hoped he could get a chance to stand up and help emcee and speak to the kids, but the line just kept forming. Luckily we had good weather too. I had been a little worried about the weather until the last moment. We only had a couple teams not make it.
The team that won was a team from Louisville. Most of the teams were new, but there was a lot of excitement! We had teams having cheering matches and really having a great time.
After the tournament I lost my voice for about 3 days, but it is always worth it. We had kids so excited, they were jumping up and down. (Really bouncing) Several kids told me their scores in science had went up after starting in the FLL.
Next year's theme will be the climate. I hope to have a team next year and leave the hardest work to the person who assisted this year. :)
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Angry & Sad & Frustrated & Lost My DS
- White football players brutally raped black teammate during racist assault in HS locker room
- Graduating high school is not that big of a deal
- Do you give your LO vitamins every day?
- Undocumented immigrant posed as dead veteran to get VA, Social Security benefits