This actually happened awhile ago, I'm just still trying to come to grips with it, and I guarantee it will be long.

My 16-year-old daughter was staying at her boyfriend's house two weekends ago.  She goes to boarding school, I trust her, I don't really care that she was at her boyfriend's house, he's a very nice kid.  Anyway, he plays junior hockey so he lives with a sort of host family, and they have a 15-year-old daughter and a 17-year-old son.

I'm going to try not to tell the entire gruesome story, but this guy broke into the house. He broke into the 15-year-old daughter's room, duct taped her mouth and then raped her, and then broke into my daughter's room and she woke up to find him on top of her... The other girl had already called the cops as soon as he left her room. My daughter screamed, her boyfriend woke up, wrestled the guy to the ground (even though he had a knife), and held him there until the police came.

As soon as the police got him, he obviously comforted Janella and called me, and of course I freaked out and made reservations to be on the next flight to Canada (which wasn't until a few hours later, since this was 2:00 in the morningish).  I would've driven but it would've taken 12+ hours... I just wanted to get to my daughter as soon as possible.

I was raped when I was 11, so I (sort of) know what's she's going through. She was a virgin, and now she's not... She's terrified of practically everyone. We got her into counseling and everything, and the other girl too. When she went to the hospital they got all the tests done, there's nothing wrong with either of them (as far as STDs and everything), but now we're just waiting until they can both take a pregnancy test....

If she is pregnant, it's completely up to her on what she does about it, but she's told me she doesn't want an abortion and she doesn't want to give it up for adoption... I don't support abortion, ever, but I also don't want to make my daughter go through being a teen mom, but it's 100% her decision. And her boyfriend supports her 100% of the way, which I guess is good.

But she was reading a book for school the other day, and she said pregnancy only happens in 5% of women who are raped.. Hopefully she's the other 95%... I got pregnant when I was 11, but I miscarried before I even found out I was pregnant.

Add A Comment

Comments:

TJones32
Feb. 1, 2008 at 12:22 PM OMG honey I am so sorry that this happend.  I'm crying and I can't stop.  I am praying for your daughter!!  I also know what it's like to be raped and I really feel for her!!

Message Friend Invite

MomTo...
Feb. 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Oh my...that is a terrible story. What an awful thing for your little girl (she'll always be that) to go through. And how awful for you. I'm so sorry that it happened. I know about being raped too, I was slightly older than she, and it is hard. I will be saying prayers for all of you that she not have to make a decision about a child born of this. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

 

Lisa 

Message Friend Invite

TaraF...
Feb. 7, 2008 at 1:20 PM I am so sorry to hear what has happened to your daughter and her friends. I am so sorry to hear of what you went thru as well. get her into counseling and I hope she can see what you have been thru.. you found a great partner and went on to raise a beautiful family!! HUGS to you and your daughter

Message Friend Invite

godde...
Feb. 13, 2008 at 4:16 PM

I will keep you and both the girls in my prayers.  I can't believe how SICK people can be...They (rapists)are the ones who need some serious help.  God bless you all!

Message Friend Invite

Sisti...
Feb. 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM I was raped as well growing up and I have always been told this and I agree with it. Your daughter IS a virgin even if her body doesn't technically support it. That is something you give away not have taken from you. I commend your daughter for wanting to raise this baby IF she does come back pregnant. I am sorry that you and your daughter have had to go through that hell and I hope that you and your family get justice for this horrible crime. I have you, your daughter, and the other young lady in my thoughts. Keep us updated plase.

Message Friend Invite

angel...
Feb. 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM Man, I'm so sorry. I will keep everyone in my prayers. I just couldn't even imagine going through that.

Message Friend Invite

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in