Ok, here goes.....

My husbands ex wife does not do right by the kids. She doesnt take em to the dentist regularly. My oldest SS has Spin Bifida and is required to go to the DR once a year. Until last September or October, his mom hadnt takn him since 2003!! The only reason he went this tim is cuz my mother in law took him. Due to that, his rods in his back are now crooked and fused to his spine, encased in bone. Th DRs cant do anything 4 him. She didnt even have the nerve to tell her son what was going on. My husband and I had to. We also think the 7 yr old is being abused due to bruises where he "fell". The bruise was in the perfect shape of a thumb. He denies her doing anything to him. But he has recently started wetting himself and crying at the drop of a hat. What ca we do?? All we want is for the boys to be ok... Their mother also doesnt help with schoolwork regularly.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add A Comment


Feb. 1, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Either you can try and take her to court for custody, or you can make a complaint with CPS. Both of those are slow processes, and may not get you what you want.

Or your dh can try and talk to her about him coming to live with you two?  That way you can try and avoid court or CPS. Or, you can push for more visitation, or a 50/50 custody split, and take care of his various medical and dental needs when he is spending time at your house.


Message Friend Invite

Feb. 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM Thank you for the advice!!

Message Friend Invite (Original Poster)

Want to leave a comment and join the discussion?

Sign up for CafeMom!

Already a member? Click here to log in