I HAVE EDITED THIS POST BECAUSE I AM GETTING A LOT OF NEGATIVE COMMENTS REGARDING THE WORDING. JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR I AM NOT BLAMING SIDS ON THE MOTHERS, IT JUST HAPPENS. I WAS JUST TRYING TO INFORM EVERYONE OF PREVENTATIVES.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME PLEASE MAKE THIS POPULAR OTHER MOMS NEED TO KNOW........
Because of a resent death of a close friends child I would like to talk to you about SIDS and RSV. Originally, they thought the baby died of SIDS but come to find out it was RSV. I WILL TALK ABOUT BOTH OF THESE IN THIS AND TELL YOU THE WARNING SIGNS OF EACH:
SIDS: IS A TRAGIC SUDDEN DEATH THAT NO ONE SUSPECTS. WE CAN DO EVERYTHING RIGHT BUT BABIES STILL DIE. (SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME) It is the most common death among infants in America. They account for half of the deaths of children between the ages of 1 month and 1 year. At least ninety percent of SIDS accrue withing the second and before the sixth month.
PREVENTION OF SIDS:::::
- LIE ALL CHILDREN FACING UP WHEN SLEEPING.
- DO NOT KEEP TOO WARM
- USE LESS BLANKETS
- NO BUMPER PADS
- GET ALL BABY WELL BEING VISITS
- ALSO SMOKING BEFORE PREGNANCY AND AFTER WILL CAUSE SIDS. THE REASON WHY BEFORE IS THE LACK OF OXYGEN TO THE UTERUS CAUSES BABY TO HAVE BREATHING PROBLEMS.
- COCAIN AND HEROIN ALSO RAISE THE RISK BY 30 TIMES.
SIDS IS NOT CONTAGIOUS NOR ARE THERE ANY WARNING SIGNS. YOU JUST HAVE TO DO YOUR BEST TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING BY FOLLOWING THE RULES ABOVE BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT SIDS IS NO ONES FAULT. YOU MAY TALK ALL PERCAUTIONS AND BABIES CAN STILL DIE.
RSV: STANDS FOR RESPITORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS. THIS IS A RESPITORY INFECTION THAT CAN KILL BABIES BUT ADULTS ALSO GET IT BUT IS NOT DEADLY IN ADULTS. IT CAUSES SWELLING IN THE RESPITORY SYSTEM AND CAUSES A LARGE EXCESS OF MUCOS TO FORM. THIS CAN PLUG AIRWAYS AND CAN CAUSE MAJOR HOSPITALIZATION AND DEATH IF NOT FOUND EARLY ENOUGH. ALTHOUGH ALMOST ALL CHILDREN HAVE THIS BEFORE AGE 2 THE CHILDREN WHO HAVE SEVERE CHILDHOOD ILLNESS ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE HOSPITALIZED OR DIE.
SYPTOMS OF RSV:
- FIRST OFF AN ADULT OUR ANOTHER CHILD USUALLY GIVES THE BABY THE VIRUS THROUGH A COMMON COLD THAT THEY MAY HAVE HAD.
- NEXT A RUNNY NOSE AND A RED THROAT
- MAY INCLUDE COUGH, WHEEZING, AND FEVER.
- OR EAR INFECTION
- SOME CHILDREN NOT ALL WILL EXPERIANCE HEAVY BREATHING, LISTLESSNES, AND FAST RESPORATIONS.
- THE ONLY SYPTOMS IN SMALL BABIES MAY BE IRRIATBILITY, NOT EATING REGULARLY, AND LETHARGY.
RSV IS VERY CONTIGIOUS. CAN BE SPREAD THROUGH THE AIR AND ALSO BY HANDS CONTACTING. IT CAN REMAIN ON HANDS UP TO A HALF HOUR AND ON OBJECTS SUCH AS CLOTHING FOR HOURS.THERE IS A SIMPLE BLOOD TEST THAT WILL TELL IF YOUR SON ARE DAUGHTER HAS THIS. IF YOU QUESTION YOUR DOCTORS ANSWER . ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE TOPICS GO TO WWW.PARENTS.COM
PLEASE MAKE THIS POPULAR YOU MAY SAFE A BABIES LIFE.
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups:
If you start a post that says for moms who....
News & Politics
This one really sums it all up...
Huge fight with DH
If this was YOUR daughter, would you be comfortable sending her into a men's bathroom?
Did you do this during delivery???