Well, I NEVER thought that Jamie or I would be entertaining the thought of going SF but we are in a tough spot and dont know what else to do at the moment. Here is our story, ill make it as brief as I can but its long :)
Jamie has been in for going on 12 years, he is an E6 and just recently re~uped for the last time, he is indefinate now and is in for the looooong haul. His/Our plan was for him to apply to the Armys nursing program for him to be able to go to nursing school for 2 years, get his commission and become an officer. He currently works at Walter Reed and EVERYONE he works with thought it was just a brilliant idea and there was just NO reason it wouldnt work out for us. Even the major and Colonel were just sure he would make a wonderful nurse and officer, everyone he asked wrote raving recommendation letters for his packet. He had gone back to school as was taking online classes, 2 at a time in the evenings and that was taking away alot of our family time as he doesnt even get home most nights until after 6. ANYWAYS, long story short, he turned in his packet and was supposed to find out sometme in June if he was in or out but on Monday of this week he found out he is coming down on orders to go back to Iraq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He doesnt have official paper orders in his hand yet but he was on a list of about 20 other soldiers at the hospital that will be getting orders. Jamies are for him to be on another MiTT team, he would leave in July first to San Antonion for some classes for a week or two and then to Kansas for 3 months to train and then off to Iraq...so about 15 plus months total. I am pregnant and due right before he is supposed to ship out so I dont know if he will miss this baby too (like he did our second because of another iraq deployment or not).
PART TWO and the most important part for you special forces wives to help me on!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamie keeps getting these emails for the SF guys trying to get him to go green beret, and ive always just told Jamie to delete them because no way we were doing that crap! BUT, with our current situation im wondering if he should try to do it?? The way the last email sounded, they know a bunch of guys are going to start coming down on orders soon and that they would be better off if they went SF and get deployed with them when the time came....that its better for families because you get better pay, stabilization, shorter deployments ect. ect.
They are having an informational meeting next week and we are thinking of going to it and finding out what we have to do to get the ball rolling.
BIG QUESTION ~ Would they cancel Jamies orders to Iraq if he decided to go SF and they accepted him? We are hoping to keep him in the county so he can at least be with me when I give birth, this is our last baby and I dont want him to miss it and I have no close friends, no family, no support system here at all....plus, if it would be better for our family in the long run, why the hell not do it?
ADVICE PLEASE FROM SPECIAL FORCES WIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks soooo much!
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: