Here is my dilemma. I am daycare for my daughter who works 40+ hours a week as a single mom raising her 3 children. Her oldest is 12 turning 13 in December. The oldest is in the I know it all stage and if you don’t agree I am going to argue with you about it. This happens all the time to both my daughter and me. She never challenges her grandpa or uncle in what they say. But if they do say something to her about things we get the flood of tears and “You always pick on me.”
I was lucky and never had to deal with this with my daughter so I am at a loss of how to handle it with my granddaughter or how to advise my daughter how to handle it. We have tried everything from grounding her to taking her cell phone away to early bed times and heaven only knows what else and she is fine for maybe if we are lucky 3 days then it is back to the same routine.
Does anyone have any suggestions what to do? I don’t care if you are an older lady who had to deal with it or one who acted this way and your mom did something that worked with you. I just am at my wits end on how to deal with it. Thanks for any and all help.
Featured Posts in All Groups
- Ugh, how can you not know what your kids are doing??
- Disgusting Toy Trend Sends a Bad Message to Our Kids - Do your kids have any of these?
- Egg Hunt Surprise: Click to reveal what's inside!
- Do you have to wait for payday or can you get what you want/need when you want it?
- You've got to be kidding me...